Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas and Les Miserable

Christmas I went home to Ohio; almost all of my family went to my parents house even though they weren't there. It was a weird Christmas to not have my parents there; but they are doing something so good where they are at. We definitely missed Mom's cooing and attention and Dad's laughter. It was weird to go home this time; as i was running doing errands it was the first time i felt like i was an honest visitor. That is my home town; but that isn't where I live; I have moved away for a long enough period of time that where i am at is my "home", kind of a weird realization.
For Christmas I bought Shawn and I tickets to go see Les Miserable on Broadway this past weekend (I thought it would be fun to go see something on Broadway and then i found out that Les Miz was leaving Broadway so I hurried up and just bought great seats for that show instead of consulting :) ) it turned out to be so great. The seats were great, the theatre was so fun (really small and very intimate); the actors voices were absolutely AMAZING the Jean Val Jean and Eponie were my favorites; but they were all wonderful!!! So i have finally lived that dream too; seeing Les Miserables on Broadway, check! Oh and Shawn liked it too (since it was actually "his" Christmas present) so that was fun. ;)






New York was absolutely crazy! Last time i went down there i thought there were a lot of people, but that was nothing compared to this trip; as we were walking around it seemed like we were being herded like cattle; I don't know if I could ever live in that city, but I guess I would get use to it. It was fun to go to Rockefeller Center and see the tree and to walk along 5th Ave and see the window displays and see time square getting all decked out for New Year's Eve...glad I am not going to be there tonight for it all, but fun to see it before the absolute craziness takes place.



Well Happy New Year and hope you had a Happy Christmas!!!!