Sunday, July 15, 2007

Egyptian Cotton Sheets!

So on Saturday I had about 5 hours to kill (it started out as 3, but you know how it goes when you are getting your car worked on, they always underestimate the time it is going to take...ALWAYS). I wondered over to a Bed Bath and Beyond to do some browsing; of course I found a few things i NEED and some i defiantly wanted! One of the major wants/justifiable needs were nice sheets (thank you Amy & David for putting the idea in my head that nice sheets are a must have), so i took like a whole hour in the sheet section (mainly because i could) looking at 1000, 800 and 440 thread count sheets these all being incredibly more expensive than anticipated! Who knew sheets could cost SO much! So after a little wondering i found some Egyptian cotton sheets i have heard this "name" thrown around in movies and from those who desire to be ritzy so I did a little testing, they were soft that was for sure; but thought the bamboo selection was much softer! Even with the testing i still decided to go with the Egyptian Cotton what can i say i am a trend follower (I mean everything in movies are true...right); but let me tell you this is a trend to jump on (almost like the blogwagon). I put the sheets on my bed last night and when i was slipping (seriously slipping) into bed they were cool, soft and luxurious!

My question is how did i go this long and not know the joy of Egyptian Cotton?! I was pretty much in heaven when i was in bed! I mean i like being in bed and love to sleep (and have been questioned if it is a hobby, heehe) but this has just improved my sleeping environment by 200%. This is a potential problem considering I have a hard enough time getting out of bed in the morning as is; but this so has to be the best purchase in a long time just thought i would share!