Tuesday, July 10, 2007

True Bostonian? (update)

This past weekend was an interesting one…yeah interesting is a “good” word for it. Friday night after work I had to find a Comcast store so to pick up the ever so technical equipment for a DVR and connecting us to the internet. I was actually quite successful and only had to turn around once! After that we picked up an AC, which works great and we got it off craigslist for 35! (love craigslist) Later Friday night I went to a Salsa Club, it is a pretty clean one, which is nice to be able to go dancing and not feel like a piece of meat. All in all a good Friday!


Saturday


Even though I was out late dancing I really needed to get over to the temple b/c it will be closed for the next two weeks. So I got up early (for a Saturday, 8a) b/c we had a Harry Potter Marathon planned for the rest of the day! I stopped by the store on the way home and picked up some serious junk food, I still can’t even believe it! When I got home I found a wicked good parking spot right outside my front door, I was so stoked! (I didn’t even have to drive around to find it either) So for the rest of the day I was inside with the AC running, lights off, snoozing through the previously watched HP movies in preparation for tonight’s new movie! It was a GREAT lazy Saturday! We finished up around 10:30p. Then we started to, frustratingly, try and hook up our new technology… needless to say it was unsuccessfully.


Sunday


Woke up got ready and headed to my car, when I unlocked my door I noticed it was easier than normal, didn’t think any thing of it until I noticed my seat was back further than normal, and then I turned my head and noticed a giant hole in my dashboard where my radio should’ve been. All I could do was gasp! For the first time I have been robbed, so it is official I live in a big city, wow I didn’t realize how violated I would feel by knowing someone I don’t know was in my car. I was bugged at society, but it is probably for the better in the long run. I am putting a better alarm on my car, getting another stereo, and I still have a car, they could’ve easily taken my car, so thank goodness for the small blessings. I still went to church, I mean there wasn’t much I could do but go on with my day. After church I called the police, filled a report and pretty much heard that these are happening all the time, there were over 100 in June alone, so something like this was bound to happen to me. Later that day we went to some friends house and they made us dinner, so nice! Then the guys came over and helped us get our technology up and running! Yah for guys and their ability to make things work! I swear it is natural to them, and I just feel more and more stupid every time I try to set something up! Every time I want to upgrade I buy the equipment and then I say to myself this is why I need a man, I don’t do this sort of a thing. I decide I want some technology and I buy it and then I never install it myself; I just know myself well enough to know that I shouldn’t, b/c something is most likely going to be ruined if I do. Thanks to all the men and women in the world who are able to assist the technology less savvy people!

I just realized i refered to a "we" a lot this can be substituted with me and my roommates. I wish it was simply a significant other, but nonetheless it is simply my fantastic roomies!